Hadleigh Old Fire Station
A former fire station converted to provide studios, community offices and a large exhibition and events space. A vital cultural and community hub in the centre of Hadleigh, Essex.
Essex SS7 2PA
Hadleigh Old Fire Station has fifteen creative workspace studios and offices. There are three studios/office rooms on the ground floor and a small meeting room . Nine larger studios with good natural light on the first floor and two further rooms on the second floor. All have full access to broadband, WCs, utility sinks and car parking.
HOFS Art House adjacent to the main building has six additional studios over two floors, a small kitchen area, WCs, further parking and outdoor picnic style seating.
Access to all upper floor studios is via stairs.
Space and support for the community
Converted and opened as artist studios in 2011 with the refurbished Appliance Hall for use by community groups as a multi-purpose space.
The adjacent Art House provides additional space for artists and community groups.
Our community groups
- 2 Create
- Active Life
- Hadleigh & Thundersley Community Archive
- Hadleigh Voices Community Choir
- Kingsway Community Cinema
- Open Arts
- Open 24/7
- Exhibition space
- Located on the A13, six miles west of Southend-on-Sea
- Benfleet, Leigh on Sea, London Fenchurch Street to Shoeburyness
- Frequent buses from Leigh and Southend
Read studios FAQs
- fundraising events
- schools activities
- sports events
- fitness & well-being activities
- rehearsal & performance space
- visual arts classes and exhibitions
- film screenings